93. James Meek. Was born about 1784. He married Mary MacCubbin (daughter of William MacCubbin and Elizabeth Alwell) on 28 Feb 1804. James Meek and Mary MacCubbin had the following children:
A male descendant of James Meek born 1784 named Meek to participate in the Meek/Meeks DNA Project.
A Y-DNA test will be FREE to the person with a documented paper trail.
E-mail Chris Meek
- 160. John Henry Meek was born in 1811. He died on 1 Apr 1878. He married Mary Ann Young on 25 Sep 1834. Note: John is listed in the 1870 census of Ann Arundel Co., MD with a wife, Elizabeth and children Frank and Nelson.
- 301. Ruth Ann Meek was born on 11 Sep 1835. She died on 12 Dec 1924. She married George W. McCubbin. He was born in 1822. He died on 1 Nov 1898.
- 302. Henry Frank Meek was born in 1853. He died on 9 Jan 1875.
- 303. Nelson F. Meek was born in 1856. He died on 3 May 1874.
- 170. James MacCubbin Meek was born on 25 Sep 1818 in Maryland. He died on 2 Jul 1896. He married Lydia MacCubbin (daughter of Henry MacCubbin and Louisa Burton). She was born on 30 Apr 1826. She died on 22 Jan 1845. Note: Records are conflicting on this family. James is in the 1870 and 1880 censuses of Ann Arundel Co., MD. However, he is still married to Lydia in 1870. Daughter Cora is not list. Sheridan is not listed in the 1880 census.
- 304. William Henry Meek was born on 26 Dec 1842 Maryland. He died on 12 Apr 1870. He married Diana W. _______. She died 1851 Pennsylvania.
- 305. Louisa Meek was born on 3 Apr 1843. She died on 31 May 1843.
- 306. George M. Dallas Meek was born on 17 Dec 1845 in Anne Arundel Co., MD. He died on 15 Mar 1924 in Anne Arundel Co., MD. He married (1) Louisa Campbell (daughter of John Campbell and Susan Waltameyer). She was born in 1847. She died on 29 Dec 1897. They were listed in the 1880 census of Anne Arundel Co., MD without children. He married (2) Margaret E. Campbell. He was listed in the 1900 to 1920 censuses of Anne Arundel Co., MD with wife Elizabeth age 40 in 1900. They had been married one year. Also listed was cousin Ruth McCubbin age 64 and Henry Meek age 14, adopted son.
He married Hannah Hitzville on 29 Nov 1848. She was born on 18 May 1829 in Holland. She died on 4 Jul 1904. They were listed in the 1850 census of Anne Ardundel Co., MD.
- 307. Sara Ann Meek was born on 8 Dec 1848. She died on 1 Jun 1850.
- 308. John Alexandra Meek was born on 25 Apr 1851. He died on 14 May 1871.
- 309. Hannah Meek
- 310. Margaret E. Meek was born on 20 Apr 1853. She died on 1 Mar 1872. She married Harvey Walker on 1 Apr 1872.
- 311. Renee Casbeau Meek was born on 10 Sep 1855. She died on 25 Oct 1885.
- 312. Misty Meek
- 313. Cora Nanata Meek was born on 13 Sep 1857.She married John Paul.
- 314. Rena Lystra Meek was born on 11 Feb 1859. She died on 12 Aug 1876.
- 315. Matilda Junitia Meek was born on 12 Dec 1861. She died on 28 May 1871.
- 316. Hasman Francis Meek was born on 15 Dec 1863. He died on 4 Feb 1864.
- 317. James Walter Meek was born on 15 Dec 1863. He died 30 Feb 1864.
- 318. Orion Sheriden Meek was born on 3 Jul 1865. He died on 9 Sep 1938. He married (1) Sara Alverta Rowles
He marries (2) Gertrude Saunders. She was born about 1879. They were listed in the 1900 census of Anne Arundel Co., MD.
He married (3) Helen Catherine Arata. They were listed in the 1920 and 1930 censuses of Anne Arnudel Co., MD. Sons William born 1904 and Charles born 1919.
- 403. Charles Albert Meek was born 19 May 1919.
- 404. Bernard Woodrow Meek was born 22 Dec 1922. Name in 1930 census was Warren W. age 9.
- 405. Helen Catherine Meek was born 17 Apr 1924. She died 24 Nov 1924.
- 406. Edward Charles Meek was born 17 Apr 1925. Name in 1930 census was Clarence age 5
This is the family of Carrie Stottlemire
- 319. Joshua Alforisa Meek was born on 3 Jun 1867. He died on 12 Oct 1887.
- 320. Alfred Jerome Meek was born on 25 Nov 1869. He died on 29 Nov 1936.
Disclaimer: This genealogy was prepared by the author using undocumented and/or unverified sources. Some facts presented here MAY NOT be correct. Never accept as factual any information you find in a library, the Internet or from other genealogist unless it is supported by documentation. Documentation DOES NOT include the undocumented genealogies of other people including those on this web site.